Absolute Trust Counsel is a small, established law firm in Walnut Creek focusing on estate planning, estate and trust administration, probate, Medi-Cal planning and special needs planning. We are seeking a full-time associate to provide a high level of support to our clients, affiliates and our team. This position will play an important role in our growth strategy by providing exceptional customer service, a strong eye for detail, and a passion for meeting expectations. Our first priority is our clients’ well-being, and we take great pride in making our planning processes pleasant, convenient and efficient. This position offers considerable opportunity in one of California’s most desirable communities. Partnership track is a possibility for an outstanding candidate. The applicant should be a member of the State Bar of California and have good educational credentials.
The right candidate is someone who has strong background as an estate planning, trust administration, and probate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for all aspects of client matters
- Supervision of other team members to assist with complicated legal matters and to ensure efficiency, promptness and high-quality work
- Client meetings and other interaction to determine clients’ needs, to answer questions, explain procedures, plan and strategize and solve problems
- Writing trust and estate-related documents, correspondence and petitions
- Court appearances
- Assessing cases and strategizing for optimal efficiency and client satisfaction
- Assist with special projects
- Ensure assigned files progress towards completion in a timely manner
- Active membership in good standing – State Bar of California
- Minimum of two years of experience as a trusts and estates attorney
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Outstanding organizational abilities
- Strong work ethic and high level of integrity
- Knowledge of relevant software including MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures
If you think you’re the right person for the job, please email your resume to email@example.com AND complete our application form by clicking the button below:
About Absolute Trust Counsel
Absolute Trust Counsel is dedicated to helping people make informed decisions about the management of their assets and health care. We strive to provide a work environment that enables every Team Member to reach the highest possible level of professional and personal fulfillment.
Kirsten Howe, the firm’s managing attorney, was admitted to the California bar in 1987 and has practiced in Walnut Creek since 1997. She earned her J.D. cum laude at the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, where she was a member of the Thurston Society and Managing Editor of The Hastings Law Journal. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in 1980 from the University of Michigan.
Kirsten is a member of the Trusts and Estates section of the California State Bar Association; the Estate Planning and Probate Section, the Elder Law Section and the Women’s Section of the Contra Costa County Bar Association. She is on the Board of Directors of the Estate Planning Council of Diablo Valley and a member of the Robert G. McGrath American chapter of Inns of Court.
The job description and responsibilities listed are meant to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Kirsten Howe Attorney at Law is an equal opportunity employer that sees diversity as a positive force in a drug-free workplace. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Contractor.